Strider is a hostile Enemy in Horizon Zero Dawn that the players can confront to obtain Experience and Loot. It can also be found in normal and corrupted variations. Striders don't have a daemonic variation.
- Strider sports a horse-like look and behavior.
- Striders can be mounted.
Strider Combat Information
- Behavior Info: Striders are invariably found in herds grazing quietly, converting the grass they ingest into Blaze. For protection against threats such as hunters, they are accompanied by recon machines such as Watchers and Longlegs, or combat machines such as Sawtooths or Ravagers.
- As Grazers, Striders are quite skittish, feeling at the sudden appearance of a human, loud noise or at the alert call of a Watcher.
- Weakness: Striders have no elemental weaknesses.
- Resistance: None
- Charge: Charges at the enemy at high speed, attempting to ram it with its powerful horns. Striders deal 85 damage if the target is hit. This attack can only be triggered if the target is within a certain distance from the Strider (15 up to 50 meters).
- Double Strike: A forward twin front leg kick. Striders deal 70 damage with this attack.
- Hind Leg Strike: A Twin hind leg kick straight behind. Striders deal 70 damage with this attack.
- Rodeo Kick: Multiple twin hind leg kicks in a circle. Striders deal 70 damage per hit
- Spin Kick: Single 180-degree spinning twin hind leg kick. Deals 70 damage if it hits the enemy.
- Charge: Charges at the enemy at high speed dealing 20 damage.
- Double Strike: Forward twin front leg kick. This attack is executed using the light spear attack button and if it hits, it deals 35 damage.
- Hind Leg Strike: Twin hind leg kick straight behind. To execute this attack, you must press the light spear attack button and move the left stick backwards. Deals 70 damage.
- Pivot Kick: Single 180-degree spinning twin hind leg kick. To perform this move, you have to press the strong spear attack once. It deals 70 damage.
- As is the case with Grazers, Broadheads and Chargers, Striders tend to be in lush green areas protected by several combat oriented machines such as Sawtooths or Ravagers.
- Strider can drop the following equipment when defeated:
|Hard outer casing to protect synthetic muscle and operational systems.||None||None|
|Blaze Storage Container. Shooting the canister with Fire will result in an explosion. Shoot off this component to collect the resource inside.||Fire
Strider Notes & Tips
- A Strider was the first machine kill made by the Nora huntress Aloy as a child, under the guidance of her guardian Rost.
- Striders seem to communicate vocally with horse-like whinnies and neighs, despite machines being capable of non-vocal communication.
|Enemies in Horizon Zero Dawn|
Behemoth ♦ Broadhead ♦ Charger ♦ Corruptor ♦ Death Bringer ♦ Fire Bellowback ♦ Fireclaw ♦ Freeze Bellowback ♦ Frostclaw ♦ Glinthawk ♦ grazer ♦ Lancehorn ♦ Longleg ♦ Ravager ♦ Rockbreaker ♦ Sawtooth ♦ Scorcher ♦ Scrapper ♦ Shell-Walker ♦ Snapmaw ♦ Stalker ♦ stormbird ♦ Tallneck ♦ Thunderjaw ♦ Trampler ♦ Watcher
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!