Watcher is a hostile Enemy in Horizon Zero Dawn that the players can confront to obtain Experience and Loot. Watcher is the first and easiest enemy in the game and can be found in the Normal, Corrupted and Daemonic variations.
Compact, inquisitive and agile recon unit that will attempt to swarm a target in numbers.
- Watcher is the first and easiest enemy in the game and can be found in the Normal, Corrupted and Daemonic variations.
- The corrupted and Daemonic forms, are stronger than the base version of the Watcher, with the latter, being the strongest.
Watcher Combat Information
- Behavior info: Despite being really aggressive machines, Watchers tend to fulfill a more reconnaissance role within the enemies' hierarchy, using their glowing eye and long necks to track threats.
- Watcher Weakness: No weaknesses to elemental attacks. Damaging the eye of the Watcher deals a high amount of damage and is considered its weak point.
- Being a small machine makes them vulnerable to be insta-killed by Aloy if she stealthily uses her silent strike ability.
- Watcher Resistance: None.
- Blinding Stun Flash: Temporarily blinds and disorients human enemy with bright flash of light; ineffective against enemy machines
- Energy Blast: Fires a concussive energy projectile that deals 40 points of explosive damage at the enemy. Tends to only use if it cannot close to melee range.
- Head Strike: Jumps at the enemy using head as bludgeon; opportunity for immediate counter-attack from enemy should it miss. This move does 90 points of damage, and can be executed only from melee range.
- Jumping Smash: Jumps at enemy using body as bludgeon; opportunity for immediate counter-attack from enemy should it miss. This move does 90 points of damage and can be executed only from melee range.
- Tail Strike: Short-range spinning bludgeon attack with tail. Tail Strike is the strongest melee attack that Watchers possess, dealing 100 points of damage.
- Being the most common enemy of Horizon Zero Dawn, Watcher can be found across all locations of the game, generally in groups of 2 or 3. It is common to find it alongside stronger enemies.
- The daemonic variation of the Watcher are located in the Banuk Region known as The Cut, which is exclusive to the DLC The Frozen Wilds, and is not available in the base version of Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Watcher can drop the following equipment when defeated:
|Hard outer casing to protect synthetic muscle and operational systems.||Shock||None|
|Hitting this component deals greater damage to the machine.||All||None|
Watcher Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here.
|Enemies in Horizon Zero Dawn|
Behemoth ♦ Broadhead ♦ Charger ♦ Corruptor ♦ Death Bringer ♦ Fire Bellowback ♦ Fireclaw ♦ Freeze Bellowback ♦ Frostclaw ♦ Glinthawk ♦ grazer ♦ Lancehorn ♦ Longleg ♦ Ravager ♦ Rockbreaker ♦ Sawtooth ♦ Scorcher ♦ Scrapper ♦ Shell-Walker ♦ Snapmaw ♦ Stalker ♦ stormbird ♦ Strider ♦ Tallneck ♦ Thunderjaw ♦ Trampler