Charger is a hostile Enemy in Horizon Zero Dawn that the players can confront to obtain Experience and Loot. It can also be found in normal, corrupted and daemonic variations.
- Chargers primary function is the gathering and recycling of resources.
- Herds of Chargers are commonly found in the various tribal lands.
- A human equipped with the necessary technology can utilize a Charger as a mounted transport, like any human would be able to ride a horse.
- Chargers body resemble the appearance of a strider but their head looks like a bighorn sheep.
Charger Combat Information
- Behavior Info: Chargers are always found in herds busily grazing on grass, which they convert into Blaze. Charger herds are usually accompanied by patrolling Watchers, Longlegs, and/or Sawtooths, in order to protect them from hunters and maximize efficiency. Although they can only attack from melee range, Chargers are capable of closing the gap between them and their perceived threats in a matter of seconds, thanks to their incredible charging speed.
- Most of the attacks Chargers utilize, can also be used once it is mounted.
- Resistance: none
- Weakness: Chargers have no elemental weaknesses but damaging the eyes, horns or blaze canister deals significant damage.
- If both horns are damaged enough, they may drop off from the Charger's head. Doing this, renders the charge attack completely unusable for the rest of the fight.
- If the blaze canister is destroyed, it explodes dealing a significant damage to the Charger.
- Being a small machine makes Chargers vulnerable to the silent strike ability.
- Charge: Charges at the enemy at high speed, attempting to ram it with its powerful horns. Chargers deal 100 damage if the target is hit. This attack can only be triggered if the target is within a certain distance from the Charger (15 up to 50 meters).
- Double Strike: Forward twin front leg kick. Chargers deal 200 damage with this attack.
- Hind Leg Strike: Twin hind leg kick straight behind. Chargers deal 175 damage with this attack.
- Rodeo Kick: Multiple twin hind leg kicks in a circle. Chargers deal 200 damage per hit
- Spin Kick: Single 180-degree spinning twin hind leg kick. This is the single most devastating attack of the Charger, dealing 225 damage if it hits the enemy.
- Charge: Charges at the enemy at high speed dealing 60 damage.
- Double Strike: Forward twin front leg kick. This attack is executed using the light spear attack button and if it hits, it deals 35 damage.
- Hind Leg Strike: Twin hind leg kick straight behind. To execute this attack, you must press the light spear attack button and move the left stick backwards. Deals 70 damage.
- Pivot Kick: Single 180-degree spinning twin hind leg kick. To perform this move, you have to press the strong spear attack once. It deals 70 damage.
- Chargers tend to frequent green zones, full of bushes and pasture to shepherd, mimicking the behavior of sheep in real life.
- The daemonic variation of the Charger are located in the Banuk Region known as The Cut, which is exclusive to the DLC The Frozen Wilds, and is not available in the base version of Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Charger can drop the following equipment when defeated:
|Hard outer casing to protect synthetic muscle and operational systems.||None||None|
|Blaze storage canister. Shoot with Fire to trigger an explosion.
Shoot off this component to collect the resource inside.
|Destroying this component disables the charge attack. To do this, both horns need to be disabled.||Tear||None|
Charger Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here
|Enemies in Horizon Zero Dawn|
Behemoth ♦ Broadhead ♦ Corruptor ♦ Death Bringer ♦ Fire Bellowback ♦ Fireclaw ♦ Freeze Bellowback ♦ Frostclaw ♦ Glinthawk ♦ grazer ♦ Lancehorn ♦ Longleg ♦ Ravager ♦ Rockbreaker ♦ Sawtooth ♦ Scorcher ♦ Scrapper ♦ Shell-Walker ♦ Snapmaw ♦ Stalker ♦ stormbird ♦ Strider ♦ Tallneck ♦ Thunderjaw ♦ Trampler ♦ Watcher