Frostclaw is a hostile Enemy machine in Horizon Zero Dawn (Exclusive to the DLC The Frozen Wilds), that the players can confront to obtain Experience and Loot. Can be found in normal and Daemonic variations. Like Fire Bellowbacks and Freeze Bellowbacks, Frostclaws have a "twin" machine called the Fireclaw.
- Like the Fireclaw, the Frostclaw looks like a grizzly bear, but it is not as large as its Fire-based counterpart.
Frostclaw Combat Information
- Behavior Info: Frostclaws were designed to be hunter-killer machines. They are extremely hostile and have a vast range of weapons to dispose of their targets, most of them ice based.
- Weakness: Fire
- Resistance: Freeze
- The Bipedal stance severely limits the Frostclaw's mobility but adds enough ranged attacks to compensate for this drawback. The Frostclaw tends to adopt this upright two-legged posture at close to mid-range, aggressively chaining together multiple claw slashes in a row.
- Hail Storm: Spews hailstones from its Freeze Unit at the enemy. Deals 145 freeze damage per second.
- Frost Blast: Defensive radial cryo-blast. Deals 180 freeze damage.
- Grinder Scrape: Scraped chunks of dirt and rock scraped off the ground at the enemy. Deals 125 freeze damage each.
- Claw Slash: Up to 6 consecutive freeze-augmented claw slashes. Deals 150 freeze damage per hit.
- Frost Dive: Charging backward dive accompanied by emerging ice spikes from ground. Deals 200 freeze damage each.
- Frost Crush: Bear-hug against Freeze Unit; if the Shield-Weaver is equipped, getting grabbed instantly depletes its shield.
- The Quadrupedal stance is the default posture when roaming around undisturbed, with enhanced agility and traversal options to spring up lower cliffs and leap over gaps to chase Aloy across the environment. During combat, it will typically adopt this four-legged posture when far away, and make use of the improved mobility to close the distance.
- Ice Spikes: Brings up impaling ice spikes out of the ground at the enemy. Deals 125 freeze damage per spike.
- Backslash: A defensive freeze-augmented back-handed claw slash. Deals 150 freeze damage.
- Fury Slash: Up to 3 consecutive freeze-augmented claw slashes. Deals 200 freeze damage.
- Lunge Dive: Lunging pounce with freeze-augmented claw slash. Deals 200 freeze damage.
- Back Crush: Crushing back-first dive on the enemy. Deals 200 damage.
- Lunge Slash: Short-range rising claw slash. Deals 200 freeze damage.
- Frost Slam:Defensively brings up ice spikes from the ground in radial pattern. Deals 175 Freeze damage.
- Ice Storm: Desperation defensive attack (employed upon sustaining 30% and 75% damage); cryo-aura around chassis damages enemy on contact; negates any severity buildup or current status effects applied
- Exclusive to the Banuk Region called The Cut, only found in The Frozen Wilds DLC of Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Frostclaw can drop the following equipment when defeated:
|Hard outer casing to protect synthetic muscle and operational systems||Fire||Freeze|
|Destruction triggers a Freeze explosion, inflicts temporary Freeze state and disables Freeze-augmentation of claw attacks||All||None|
|Destruction triggers a Freeze explosion, inflicts a temporary Freeze state and disables all Freeze-based attacks other than claws||All||None|
|Sparker can be looted from this component. Shooting this component with Shock Arrows will trigger an explosion, electrifying anything in its radius.||Tear
Frostclaw Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here
|Enemies in Horizon Zero Dawn|
Behemoth ♦ Broadhead ♦ Charger ♦ Corruptor ♦ Death Bringer ♦ Fire Bellowback ♦ Fireclaw ♦ Freeze Bellowback ♦ Glinthawk ♦ grazer ♦ Lancehorn ♦ Longleg ♦ Ravager ♦ Rockbreaker ♦ Sawtooth ♦ Scorcher ♦ Scrapper ♦ Shell-Walker ♦ Snapmaw ♦ Stalker ♦ stormbird ♦ Strider ♦ Tallneck ♦ Thunderjaw ♦ Trampler ♦ Watcher