Improved Stormslinger is a Close Range Weapon in Horizon Zero Dawn. Improved Stormslinger has 70 handling and can only use Storm Bolt ammo. This is a weapon exclusive to The Frozen Wilds DLC, not available in the base version of Horizon Zero Dawn.
Improved Stormslinger Description
- It deals charged bolts that deal escalating damage in sucession.
- Improved Stormslinger ammo deals explosive damage and thus ignores enemies' armor defenses, dealing the same damage most of the time. The Improved Stormslinger does not deal double damage when machines are frozen or when impacting weak points in machines.
- The Improved Stormslinger can be overcharged. When overcharging, the wielder will take shock damage, which becomes increasingly harmful with each overcharge level.
- Without sufficient shock protection, damage from overcharging can easily prove fatal.
Improved Stormslinger Ammo
- Storm Bolt
- Deals 150 damage and 15 elemental severity damage.
Where to Find Improved Stormslinger
- The Improved Stormslinger is given to Aloy by completing the Geared Up: Stormslinger Sidequest. In this Sidequest, Varga asks Aloy to bring her a Stormbird Talon.
- After that, it can be purchased from merchants. It costs:
- It can be sold to merchants for:
- x100 Metal Shards
Improved StormslingerNotes & Tips
- Because the Improved Stormslinger deals explosive damage, it is ineffective against enemies with explosive resistance, such as Fireclaws.