- Spear is the default melee weapon for Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn
- After defeating the first Corruptor, Aloy installs the override module at the base of the Spear, allowing her to override the machines she encounters, turning them friendly or in some cases even allowing her to use them as mounts.
- By completing Cauldrons, the Spear can override stronger machines
- Light attack:
- A quick and low damage attack, with a low chance to remove machine components.
- Heavy Attack:
- A slower and moderate damage attack, with an increased chance to remove machine components.
- By completing the Sidequest In Her Mother's Footsteps, Aloy will earn a permanent +1 damage boost to the Spear. It will also increase the rarity of the weapon from Uncommon to Rare
- By completing the Sidequest A Secret Shared from The Frozen Wilds DLC, the Spear gains 1 modification slot.
Spear Related Skills
The following skills affect the performance capabilities of the Spear:
Prowler Skill Tree:
Brave Skill Tree
Where to Find Spear
- The Spear is the default melee weapon Aloy wields at the start of the game.
- The Spear cannot be sold, nor new ones can't be purchased.
Spear Notes & Tips
- Near the end of the game, Aloy will receive Sylens' Spear, replacing the original Spear she's been using the whole game.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!